Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Canne advertisement

The advertisement of Canne de Combat is very-very bad, there was no video available for a long time on video sharing pages, like google video, youtube, or daily motion. The ASCA guys (hi there!) did the first steps, then we. Now, there are a couple of CDC related videos on the internet, but it cannot compared to other combat sports or martial arts. And, there is no DVD available in english (it will change in September), and no books (just some old books). The marketing is very bad also, there is a very little communication to other countries that France (no page in english language). The french forums are however very kind, the people help the outsiders a lot, answers the questions, and so. It is a good think, imho.

What can/should be changed?

  • Create a multilingual portal with articles
  • Support the clubs outside of France
  • Create training materials & courses
  • Translate the Rule Book to english
What can We do?

Well, I did the first step, I created a small booklet for beginners. But, there is a need for common talk, more materials (dvd, texts), more advertisement, and so.

There was an idea: let's create a Canne related commercial video. Everyone can participate, if she/he has some time, a video editor software, and creativity. Let's participate. (I am working on a video already)

1 comment:

Martin said...

Hello,
your pages about Canne de combat are very interesting and training manual for beginner too. I come from Czech republic and I would like acquire more information about la canne. In my country is not any la canne club as far as I know. It is possible to get more information about this interesting fighting sport? I am sorry for my no perfect english.